- School of Dance
- The Company
- Performances & Residencies
- Media and Press
- Community Outreach
The Koresh School of Dance will be closed for classes on the following days:
- Saturday, October 4, 2014: Yom Kippur
- Thursday, November 27 to Saturday, November 29, 2014: Thanksgiving
- Wednesday, December 24 to Thursday, December 25, 2014: Christmas
- Monday, March 30 to Sunday, April 5, 2015: Spring Break
- Saturday, May 23 to Monday, May 25, 2015: Memorial Weekend
Dress codes MUST be followed. If a student is unprepared for class without the proper attire or shoes, they will not be allowed to take class that day.
- Creative Dance: Any color leotard and pink tights. Any color ballet skirt allowed. Boys: white t-shirt with black or navy blue sweatpants. Ballet shoes or bare feet. (Boys typically wear white or black ballet shoes).
- Pre Ballet 1 & 2: Any color leotard and pink tights. Any color ballet skirt allowed. Ballet shoes required.
- Pre Hip Hop, Hip Hop 1, 2 & 3: Comfortable clothing - t-shirts, tank tops, shorts, sweats or stretch pants acceptable. NO JEANS, cargo pants or khaki pants. Clean sneakers must be brought to the studio for class; not worn on the way.
- Ballet 1-4 and Ballet Barre: Black leotard and pink tights. A ballet skirt, leg warmers and other teacher-approved cover-ups allowed. Ballet shoes required (must be ballet pink - only men may wear white or black ballet shoes). It is recommended that students buy canvas shoes as opposed to leather ones.
- Pre Jazz and Jazz 1, 2 & 3: Any color leotard or tank top and dance pants. Teacher-approved cover-ups. No baggy, loose-fitting clothing. Boys: white t-shirt with black or navy blue sweatpants. Bare feet for Pre Jazz, jazz shoes required for Jazz 1 & 2, bare feet for Jazz 3.
- Modern 1, 2 & 3: Any color leotard or tank top and dance pants. Teacher-approved cover-ups. No baggy, loose-fitting clothing. Bare feet.
For all classes , hair must be pulled back in a bun or neat ponytail. This includes hip hop! For ballet, it MUST be in a bun. If hair is too short, please wear a headband or clips to secure hair away from face.
No jewelry should be worn at anytime.
PAYMENTS & REGISTRATION - Please pay close attention to these policies.
- Tuition MUST be paid at the time of registration to secure your spot.
- Registration will only be considered complete once payment has been made. We cannot hold spots in a class if no payment has been received.
- There is a $25 non-refundable registration fee for new students. This is a one-time fee.
- If a student needs to withdraw from a class within the first two weeks of the session, 50% of the tuition, excluding the registration fee, is refundable.
- Tuition is non-refundable after the first two weeks of the session.
- There are no tuition refunds or credits given for missed classes.
- Any payment not received at the designated time will be considered late and a $10 fee will be added to your balance.
- There is a $25 fee for any returned checks.
Absences. Please call the studio to inform us if a student is going to be absent. Class attendance is recorded each week and any student with numerous absences will jeopardize their chance of participating in the annual recital.
- Tardiness. Students should arrive at the studio five minutes before class so they have sufficient time to prepare. Please call the studio if a student is going to be late. If a student is more than 10 minutes late, they will only be allowed to participate at the instructor's discretion.
- Make-up Classes. If a student misses class they can make it up in another class. Please talk to the director before scheduling a make-up class to ensure that the level is appropriate. Students will be allowed no more than three make-up classes throughout the session.
- Teacher Absences. If an instructor is unable to teach class, we will provide a qualified substitute for that day.
- We reserve the right to cancel any class during the session (i.e., remove it from the schedule) if the class has no more than four students registered.
- Inclement Weather. If the studio closes due to bad weather, we will send an email and leave a message on the voicemail. Koresh School of Dance is not responsible for classes canceled as a result of weather or any other extreme circumstances beyond our control. Tuition will not be prorated or refunded.
- Behavior. We expect our students to behave properly at all times, both while in class and on our premises. They must be disciplined, responsible, and respectful to their instructor and peers. Should a student act in a manner deemed inappropriate in any way, the teacher has the right to immediately dismiss them from the class. This includes offensive attitudes, poor relations with other students, bad work habits or any unacceptable behavior.
Ongoing behavioral issues will be reported to the parents and handled on a case-by-case basis. Students will only be allowed back into class at the discretion of the instructor and management.
- Students may not leave class without receiving permission from the instructor first.
- Cell phones must be turned off or put in silent mode during class. Students are not permitted to leave class to answer their phones. If a parent needs to contact their child in case of emergency, please call the studio.
- No students are allowed in the studio until the class begins. They must wait in the lobby until the teacher has invited them in.
- Supervision. All children, both students and their siblings, must be supervised at all times. Running in the lobby or studio is not allowed. Any of the studio's mats, balls or hula hoops are not to be taken out for play. Please be respectful and talk quietly in the lobby so as not to distract the students or the office staff.
- For students under 6 years of age, parents must stay in the lobby at all times in case of emergency. If you must leave for any reason, please notify the front desk. Leaving should only be for a short period of time, not the entire length of the class.
- Observation. No friends or family members are allowed in the dance studio to observe class or sit with their child. Only registered students are allowed to be inside. Please do not distract the students through the windows or doors.
- Students may not enter and exit the studio multiple times throughout the class. This creates a distraction for the other students and makes it difficult for the teacher to progress with the class. We understand that children’s needs are all different and they require time to become comfortable with a classroom setting. The first two weeks of class are a period for your child to become acclimated to their teacher and fellow students. We encourage you to talk to your child before their dance class about staying inside the studio and participating in class. If a student will not participate with the class they will be asked to exit the studio and may only return if they will participate for the rest of the class.
- Students must be picked up immediately after their class is over. All students must have a parent or guardian waiting for them in the lobby when their class lets out and be ready to leave in an appropriate amount of time. A 10 minute grace period will be given, but for every 10 minutes after the class dismissal charge, $10 will be charged.
*Students ages 3-12 must be signed out at the front desk by a pre-approved parent or guardian.
We hold an End of the Year Performance each year towards the end of the Spring Session, typically in early June. Dates and information are handed out in the spring.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
By signing the registration form, you give the Koresh School of Dance the right to use any photos or videos for promotion of the studio (newspapers, flyers, website, etc.). They will not be used for any other purpose.
We allow parents to take photos and videotape during Observation Week only. If any parent intends to make these public (e.g., YouTube, Vimeo), they MUST get the permission of the other students' parents first.
*Koresh School of Dance and its staff are not responsible for any injury that occurs while on the premises. The studio is also not responsible for any lost items. It is recommended that students do not leave valuables in the dressing room.
Please keep these policies for your information. By signing the registration form, you are stating that you have read all of the above statements in their entirety, and that you understand, agree and completely support all policies and rules of the Koresh School of Dance.
If you have questions, please contact Natalia Velarde at email@example.com.